Mrs. Rose Davidson
Mrs. Belinda Cockett
Grade 3 at Bishopslea is a very important year as it is a transition year from Infants to the Junior part of the school.
There are many changes:
- Pupils no longer go home at 12.30, instead they go home at 1pm on non-sporting days and have at least two days with full afternoon activities.
- Those children that are chosen for the school sports teams will do more than two afternoons and possibly will have to travel to other schools, which is very exciting.
- Pupils no longer use chair bags but have a desk and a locker to store their belongings.
- They will now be issued with textbooks and have the responsibility to take care of these.
- On the days they have sport there will be an afternoon prep session.
- Homework increases in Grade 3.
- In Grade 3 we introduce the girls to exams. They will write exams in June and November. Reports will come home with their marks.
- There will be class outings during the year.
- Pupils will learn how to choose their own library books as our class libraries are well equipped.
- The will begin to attend chapel services weekly. Each term they will present a chapel play to the school which parents may come and watch.
Our aim in Grade 3 is to help your children mature into responsible and independent little ladies and to have lots of fun with all the new changes.