ECD - Nursery School
Mrs. Sheila Murphy
Miss Bridget Beechey
Miss Roxanne Matthee
Bishopslea’s Early Childhood Development (ECD) class provides a healthy, safe environment for its pupils. It reflects our ability to provide a caring and stimulating environment where the girls are able to enjoy learning through play and grow in confidence to develop to their full potential.
We teach various skills which form the basis of effective communication. These include:
- Language and social skills which enable the girls to ask questions and follow simple instructions and interact easily with their peers.
- The girls learn self care and behaviour with manners playing a crucial part.
- An important area of the curriculum is learning gross and fine motor co-ordination and pre-writing efficiency. These play an integral part of development as does visual and auditory perception.
- We have specialist teachers for Shona, music, computers and physical education.
- The aim of our Early Childhood Development class is to teach the girls essential abilities for school readiness. ECD is a process in itself and no formal reading or writing is done.
At Bishopslea the ECD team of 3 very dedicated teachers together try their utmost to prepare their pupils fully for Grade 1.