Miss Sandra Blackenburg
Mrs. Debbie Gibson
In Grade 1, the girls will have an exciting and productive year learning to read, write and do number work.
- We teach reading phonetically, supported by the Letterland programme. The children are excited by what they learn and this bodes well for their transition into reading books.
- In class, number values and bonds to ten are done, covering the concepts of plus, minus and sets of.
- Also on the timetable are computers, Shona, music and sport with specialist teachers.
- The school has the use of the “Active Learning Centre” for children who need extra help.
- Sports undertaken are athletics, swimming and ball skills/games culminating in an inter-class competition.
- Boarding facilities are offered at the hostel, as well as lunches for day-boarders.
- The Infant department also puts on a play production in the third term, in which all children in ECD, Grade 1 and Grade 2 participate.
- Extra-curricular activities include ballet, modern dance, rhythmic gymnastics, drama, monkeynastix and piano lessons.
From this little seed of teaching the basics in Grade 1 the children will grow in self-esteem and confidence.